Teams are the heart and soul of our Race!
By starting a team, you can bring family, friends and coworkers together to celebrate a survivor in your life, honor the lives of lost loved ones, or simply support a great cause. In addition to receiving some friendly competition, when you start a team you’ll receive a team website, entry into team contests, and eligibility for top team rewards.
Team awards help drive the friendly competition that makes each year better than last! A little friendly competition among teams can build camaraderie and increase results. In fact, teams are the largest source of fundraising for the Race. The difference they are making in the fight against breast cancer is nothing short of amazing. So, who has the most team spirit? Who has the biggest team? And, more importantly, who will make the biggest impact to create a world without breast cancer?!
Awards will be given out based on the following team divisions at the 2016 Race for the Cure:
- Large Business Division (500+ employees)
- Medium Business Division (100-499 employees)
- Small Business Division (10-99 employees)
- Community/Family/Social Division
- Healthcare/Fitness Division
- School Division
The winning teams in each division (listed above) will be recognized on Race Day 2016 for the following categories:
- Team with the most registered team members
- Team who fundraises the most (*as of RACE DAY!)
Our OVERALL top team fundraiser and overall individual fundraiser *as of RACE DAY will also be recognized!
We would also like to recognize overall team winners for Most Team Spirit and Best Team T-Shirt! Be sure to submit your team's t-shirt to Komen Florida Suncoast via mail by Sept. 21. Your team's t-shirt will be displayed on Race weekend to collect "dollar votes"- that will also count towards your team fundraising total!
- 2016 VIPink Team Tailgate- Our top three overall fundraising teams from 2015 and our top five 2016 fundraising teams (*as of Sept. 15) will be rewarded with FREE entry to the VIPink Team Tailgate on Race Day 2016! In addition to rewarding our top fundraising teams, all registered teams are welcome to join us at this year's VIPink Team Tailgate. Team Tailgate is a fantastic opportunity for teams to have a premium spot near all Race Day activities. Teams can meet pre-Race, pose for team photos and rally to the start line together as you celebrate your team's accomplishments. However you chose to celebrate on Race Day, Team Tailgate is the perfect place for you to do it. Team Tailgate spots are 12'x12' and hold up to 25 people. Teams are responsible for providing their own tent, table & chairs. Team Tailgate participants will receive wristbands for entrance along with complimentary food & beverage. Each VIPink Team Tailgate spot costs $100 and are available on a first come, first served basis. Larger teams are encouraged to purchase additional spots. Each spot will receive wristbands for up to 25 people maximum. Team captains should complete the VIPink Team Tailgate form and submit along with payment to Komen Florida Suncoast- forms must be received by Sept. 15!
- Click here for VIPink Team Tailgate Guidelines