Every step you take and every dollar you raise brings us closer to a future without breast cancer. Because you’re taking those steps with a team, you’re multiplying your impact on the cause.
Team Captain Checklist
Once you’ve registered your Team, here are some next steps to maintain your mometum all the way to the finish line:
- Download the 2016 Team Captain Resource Guide!
- Make a self-donation in any denomination to show your commitment.
- Set a goal for the number of people you will recruit and an overall fundraising goal for your team. For recruitment tips click here
- Display event materials — brochures and posters — around the office, campus, cafeterias, break rooms, gyms, and other high traffic areas. Put your name, phone number, and/or email address on the posters so people can contact you to get involved.
- Host a kickoff meeting or event and invite the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® staff to make a presentation.
- Send fundraising tips out to all your team members and highlight the team’s top fundraising member.
- Create fundraising incentives for your team members encouraging them to meet or exceed their fundraising goals.
- Remind team members to log on to their fundraising pages to record all offline donations and send thank-you notes.
- Post a progress chart with your fundraising and recruitment goals in a visible area and update totals regularly.
- Register your team for the VIPink Team Tailgate experience. New in 2016! If your team would like to purchase space in this year's VIPink Team Tailgate on Race Day your registration form and check payment must be recieved via mail by Sept. 15.
- Sign up for Team Packet Pick-up. For teams with 10 or more members only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for Team Packet Pick-up no later than 12pm on Sept. 21.
- Submit your team t-shirt to Komen Florida Suncoast by Sept. 21 and we will dislpay it on Race weekend to collect "dollar votes" that also count toward your team fundraising total!
- Team registration closes Sept. 23. Please have potential team members register online and join your team by Sept. 23- this will be the last day participants can register with or create a new team.
All items to be returned via mail (team t-shirt, team tailgate registration, etc.) should be sent to the following address by the deadline mentioned above:
Komen Florida Suncoast
PO Box 12848
St. Petersburg, FL 33733
Team Packet Pick-Up
As a team captain, you have two options for how to handle picking up your team's packets:
1. The captain (or other team member) can pick up for the entire team
2. Each individual can pick up their own packets
To pick up all of your team packets at once, you MUST RSVP by FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd at 5pm. Submit the 2016 Team Packet Pick-Up Reservation Form to email@example.com
Last year, Teams raised nearly $90,000 for the fight to end breast cancer. That’s a huge impact!
Team fundraising helps ensure that we will be able to make the biggest impact in the community.
Engage your team in FUN-draising:
- Each team member asks their friends, family members and co-workers to support them in their fundraising efforts by making a donation. To get tips and tools on personal fundraising, click here.
- Your team can host a fundraising event. To download a list of fun and easy fundraising events, click here.
- Participate in Team Challenges to ensure your team meets their fundraising goal and at the same time engage your teammates in FUN-draising activities!
- Borrow our Flock- It's Flocking Fun! Raise funds for your team through a Flamingo Flocking fundraiser this summer. Our Flock is available on loan to teams wishing to have a flocking fun time! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to reserve our Flock.
The ultimate reward is knowing you’ve brought our community miles closer to the reality of a world without breast cancer. But be sure to check out the Team Rewards page for more information on how we thank our top performing teams!